|Please see the "About" page for a description of Jin Shin Do® Bodymind Acupressure® )
*Courses marked by an asterisk (250 Hours) are required for
Registered Jin Shin Do® Bodymind Acupressure® Acupressurists.
*Jin Shin Do® Bodymind Acupressure® Module One
Includes Basic, Intermediate, Advanced, and Bodymind Awareness*Jin Shin Do® Bodymind Acupressure® Module Two
(Total 150 Hours minimum)
Theories and techniques necessary for effective practice of JSD, beginning with 45 main JSD points; progressing to
over 200 important points, and correlating point location with anatomy. Exact angle of point stimulation is
emphasized. Students begin to practice by following release examples and later learn to improvise based on
tension patterns. Devoted to demonstration and practice. Module I is Required for JSD practitioner registration.
Basic Jin Shin Do®
(40 hours minimum)
Basic principles, techniques and theories of Acupressure. Location of 55 acupressure points, with anatomical detail
and individual attention.
1) Simple color-coded release method and basic neck release
2) Segmental Release Method for bodymind armoring.
3) Local and distal acupressure point theory
4) "Pal Dan Gum" movements
5) Segmental exploration including Bodymind associations
6) Body Focusing and breathing techniques to facilitate release.
7) The 8 Strange Flows, or Extraordinary Meridians
8) Assessment and Strange Flow release patterns for bodymind relaxation
Intermediate Jin Shin Do®
(55 hours minimum)
Prerequisite: Basic JSD with Authorized JSD Teacher.
1) Meridian theory
2) The Six Divisions
3) Basic peer counseling skills for processing feelings
4) Location and psycho-physical associations of the 12 meridians
5) Location of 60 additional points in relation to surrounding anatomy
6) Defense mechanisms and defensive attitudes related to yang
7) Emotional spectra related to yin meridians
8) Transformation of Qi
9) Zang/Fu theory
10) Meridian release patterns.
11) Specific point combinations for energic problems
12) Legal-ethical issues
13) Building trust
14) Assessment of tense segments
15) Basic pulse reading
16) Use of local-distal point combinations of appropriate meridians.
Advanced Jin Shin Do®
(30 hours minimum)
Prerequisite: Intermediate JSD with Authorized Teacher.
1) Introduction to Five Element theory of energic inter-relationships
2) Bodymind application to energic and muscular imbalance
3) The "Emotional Kaleidoscope."
4) Mu, Shu, 5 Element, "Windows of the Sky", Source and Luo points
5) Application of 5 Element theory to energic and muscular hypoactivity
6) Pulse reading
7) Point palpation to assess energic imbalance (Yu, Mu and Windows of the Sky)
9) Planning interventions to restore bodymind energy balance
Body Mind Awareness (See also Module IV, part 1.)
(25 hours minimum)
The purpose of this class is to increase comfort with feelings and images which may arise during sessions.
2) Active Listening
3) Communication skills
4) The power of words; conscious and unconscious levels of
communication. Using the suggestive form
5) Accepting, encouraging and following the process
6) Understanding the therapeutic relationship: transference and counter
7) Ethics, including confidentiality. Implications of touch and questions of
Includes Parts 1, 2 and 3 (30 hours minimum)
Prerequisite: Advanced JSD with authorized teacher.
These classes provide an opportunity to review point locations and angles, and to integrate the material of Module
I, plus an in-depth study of Strange Flows, Organ Meridians, Zang/Fu, Segments and Five Phases, along with
additional theories, special point groups and bodymind techniques.
Parts may be taken in any order.
NOTE: Candidates for JSD Registered Acupressurist are required to complete Module II, Parts 1 and 2, before
applying. Part 3 may be completed after registration, if necessary.
Module Two, Part 1: Integration of Key Theories
Prerequisite: Advanced Jin Shin Do®
1) In-depth study of Strange Flows, emphasizing their function and including over 150 Strange Flows points, most *Jin Shin Do® Module Three
of which were introduced in Module I. Practice: new SF release patterns
2) Integration of Strange Flow, Meridian and Segmental theories in assessment and point combinations.
3) Special powerful point groups: Entry/exit points, general and group lo points; the 8 meeting points, associated
points, combining points; etc.
Module Two Part 2: Master Class
(35 hours minimum)
Prerequisite: Advanced Jin Shin Do®
1) Review of all Basic and Intermediate points for accuracy of location
and precision of angle
2) Demonstration of assessment skills: point palpation, pulse reading
questioning, listening, looking
3) Specific applications of Segmental, Strange Flow, Meridian, and Five
Phases theories to common problems such as neck, shoulder, and
back tension/pain, headache, chest/respiratory problems, menstrual
difficulties, pelvic tension, digestive stress, insomnia, joint problems
4) Additional bodymind process skills
Module Two Part 3: Expanding Theoretical Horizons
Prerequisite: Advanced Jin Shin Do®
1) Causes of imbalance: Exogenous and endogenous causes of disease, including the 6 External Pathogens and
the 7 Evil Emotion (reviewed)
2) The 4 Levels (Protection, Qi, Nutrition, Blood)
3) Review of 6 Divisions
4) Zang/Fu theory and Curious Organs
5) Fundamental substances
6) Introduction to the 8 Principles
7) Tendino-Muscular meridians
For Candidates for Registered Jin Shin Do® Bodymind Acupressure® Acupressurist:*Receive 10 JSD sessions, including 5 from an Authorized JSD Teacher
125 logged hours of practice outside of class
For Candidates for AOBTA® Certified Practitioner
70 Hours of Clinical Experience.
May be obtained as an internship ("in house" at a bodywork school), or as an "externship" (in a supportive
professional setting , with supervision from an authorized JSD teacher, acupuncturist, psychotherapist,
chiropractor, physical therapist, doctor or other health professional). In either case, the entire process of the 70
hours of clinical experience must be supervised by an authorized JSD teacher.
Unit 1. (50 hours) Clinical experience using Jin Shin Do® Bodymind Acupressure®
Supervision can be carried out by teleconference
Unit 2. Direct supervision. (20 hours)
To include: greeting and interacting with clients; being respectful of the client's process; emphasizing the
positive and ending sessions on a positive note; note-taking and writing case studies; sound business practices;
contraindications; legal-ethical considerations.
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________Jin Shin Do® Bodymind Acupressure® Module Four
Classes with Iona Marsaa Teeguarden
- "Bodymind Trancework" (Module lV, Part 1), (Satisfies the Bodymind Processing class in Module I)
- "Bodymind Trancework and Trauma" (Module lV, Part 2),
- "The Emotional Kaleidoscope and Abuse Issues"
Intensive Authorized Jin Shin Do® Bodymind Acupressure®Teacher Training Program
Required for Authorized Jin Shin Do® Bodymind Acupressure®Teachers.
"Train the trainer" approach, since 1982.
Training in teaching the JSD Acupressure Facial class and Basic Jin Shin Do® (Module I, part 1). Point
location/angle tutorials for becoming even better at locating points and thus at teaching others how to do so.
Business and advertising skills, trademark concerns, ethical issues, demonstrations and, of course, JSD practice
Required before teacher authorization:
- Be a Registered Jin Shin Do® Bodymind Acupressure® Acupressurist
- Complete Module IV, Parts 1 and 2 (Part 3 may be completed after the ITTP)
- Repeat the Module II "Master Class" (Module ll, Part 2)
- Additional 175 Hours of Practice, bringing the total to 300 hours.
- Practicum with an Authorized Jin Shin Do® Bodymind Acupressure® Teacher
- Complete a 7 page paper demonstrating knowledge of key theories